Sunday, August 23, 2015

OSH park buys

I bought some more boards off of OSH Park. I found them helpful. Only one was my own, and that was based off of another I found but it was very big and big costs money.

LED Simple

My design but I was inspired by Greg's LED board. For a beginner or for teaching that is a better board. It allows visualization. But at 5 bucks a piece someone that has a little more understanding of electronics might like to spend less and get a little more bang.

I have a friend trying to get into micro controllers and these short cut boards can be the difference between learning or tossing a bread board across the room. I also wanted to use these on the edge of a bread board connected directly to either a 74595 or Port D of a tiny 2313/4314. So I added 2 ground pads in the upper corners so i don't have to populate the ground pad. It was a 10 minute board, the routing could be better. These are cheep, so I'm defiantly going to revise this a bit more maybe do the resistors vertical next to the header. the header is going to be slimmed down to 8 pins, the "floating" ground pin makes more sense to me, for versatility. A 4 Led version would be nice too. Also i can see a female header and rubber feet being a good fit as well.



The other boards:
Pixie85 and Pixie2313 Just simply icsp jacks with attached chips. Removes one step and a lot of little wires. That's a win win.

Sturdy Pot Adapter. Simply a briliant way to add a big pot to a bread board. I have huge fingers. I bought 9. that were 1.80 for 3. Simply awesome, every starter kit needs these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment